Cyclonic Wellhead Desander
- Liquid handling capacity up to 50,000 bbl/day
- Pressure rating up to 15,000 psi Suitable for separating particles from 5 to 50 microns and larger.
- 99% Separation efficiency by weight
- API 6A & ASME Complaint Design
- Multiphase Desander
- Protection from erosion
- Continuous or intermittent discharge
- Automated system (optional)
- Sand Monitoring System (Optional)
- High Efficiency Solids Removal
- No moving parts and minimal maintenance
- Available as standalone equipment or complete skid packages
- Uses involute inlet geometry to minimize fluid turbulence and reduce inlet wear
- High Grade- liners offers a long life with less maintenance and OPEX
Accreditation vs Certification
Kapwell offers years of experience in improving and advancing seperator equipment design to make them more reliable, with modern technologies that perform in all climates and are cost effective. Our equipment are UKCA / CE marked and ATEX certified, and complies with latest applicable ASME, API, DNV, and ABS standards.
Kapwell Hydrocylones are capable of achieving effective solids separation while minimising pressure drop thanks to their design that was developed to accommodate the demanding circumstances of the upstream process. In order to achieve maximum efficacy, the differential pressures and flow rates of the system are used to establish the optimal number of functioning Hydrocyclone liners. The choice of hydrocyclone, both in terms of size and type, is determined by the following factors:
Features & Benefits
- ATEX Zone 1
- DNV or Bureau Veritas- Certification
- Design to API & ASME
- Meets PED/EU regulatory
- Offshore environment design
- Fits to smallest footprint
- Reduce maintenance and service
- Suitable for HP/HT applications
Oil and Gas Industry
Cyclonic Wellhead Desanders are widely used in the oil and gas industry for offshore and onshore production facilities to remove sand, sediment, and other solid particles from wellhead fluids, crude oil, or natural gas. This helps to prevent damage to downstream equipment, such as pipelines, valves, and separators, reduce erosion in flowlines and prevent sand accumulation in storage tanks.
Downstream Equipment Protection
A cyclonic wellhead desander safeguards downstream equipment from the abrasive effects of sand and solids. These particles can cause erosion and clogging in pumps, valves, and pipelines, leading to reduced efficiency and increased maintenance costs. By removing the solids at the wellhead, the desander prevents them from reaching and damaging the downstream equipment.