- DNV Certified Mud Gas Separator
- Design Duty to 15 barg (Min)
- Pressure Rating (minimum): Full Vacuum
- Pressure Rating Operating: 0.4 to 2 barg
- Minimum Design Temperature: -20 ºC
- Maximum Design Temperature: 75 ºC
- H2S Service NACE MR-01-75
- Density of Mud from 1900-2200Kg /m3
- Max Mud Return Flow 500 GPM- 2000 GPM
- Gas Processing Rate 1,400- 2,500 ft3/min
- Area Classification Zone 1 ATEX CE Marked
- Design Standards/Codes ASME Section VIII Div. 1
Mud Gas Separator (High rate MPD)
The Mud Gas Separator forms part of the well control system and plays a critical part in ensuring the safe operation of the rig. The Mud Gas Separator is located on or in the vicinity of the drill floor, downstream of the buffer block on the choke and kill manifold. Employed as a safety critical piece of Well Control Equipment the MGS is used in series with the choke manifold to safely circulate out a gas kick from the well.
The Mud Gas Separator handles a high proportion of mud solids and may
experience hydrate plugging as a result of gas expansion through the choke. The liquid seal ensures that separated gas vents safely without breaking through to the mud tanks. The design of our Mud Gas Separator is based on conventional process practice and has adopted latest notices and publications, please refer to section 2 of this document.
If the drilling rig requires a compact solution, Kapwell can offer a trip tank based liquid seal, where the trip tank is used as a liquid seal, or alternatively the seal may be in the form of an external U-tube. We can supply either vertical or horizontal MGS, both of which are fitted with internal baffles and distribution nozzles but performance of the liquid seal is dependent of the chosen design features.
The capacity of the MGS is dependent on the design. If the capacity is exceeded, liquid mud or oil droplets may be carried up through the vent line. More importantly, gas may blow straight through the U-tube (Liquid Seal) and into the shale-shaker house, where there may be potential for explosion and fire. It is essential to verify that the system is capable of handling the maximum amount of fluid and gas that could be produced by the well in the case of a severe kick.
Download Technical Datasheets
High Rate MGS Technical Datasheet: 78001011 Rev 01 High Rate Mud Gas Separator Datasheet
MPD Charge Pump Technical Datasheet: 78001013 Rev 01 MPD Charge Pump Datasheet
Features & Benefits
- Ex equipment design & manufacturing
- Compact Size
- Visual and/or audible Indicators
- Customize alarm settings
- Complaince with API Standards
- CE marked